The Business Intelligence (Bl) Manager is responsible for the Bl department, managing all Bl development and support activities for the business. Functions include:
- Define strategy, procedural and architectural direction
- Responsible for data strategy and governance, budgets, data repositories, information security and privacy, coding, reporting, analytics, dashboards, etc.
- Lead/manage new or existing application initiatives and upgrades
- Responsible for enterprise data warehouse, business intelligence and reporting applications and enterprise BI software solutions/services
- Partners/collaborates with cross-functional business/technical teams and vendors to create solutions that support and improve the business decision-making process.
- Plans, prioritizes, and oversees team tasks for requirements gathering, analysis, design, development, testing, deployment, maintenance, and system documentation
- Leads/contributes to the development of new concepts, techniques and standards
- Supervises IT staff to full performance level
- assign, distribute, evaluate work
- coaching, advising, tutoring and mentoring of employees
- approve and deny time off
- recommend and carry out staff actions, performance reviews and administer discipline
- train employees
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field and 10 years of progressively technical experience as a supervisor of a Business Intelligence or reporting team.
- Visionary and effective communicator, proven expertise in building and leading teams
- Previous experience as a Senior Systems Analyst, Senior Programmer Analyst
- 8 years of experience as project manager of large complex projects
- Progressive supervisory experience leading a team of four or more software developers
- Experience leading the implementation of business intelligence and data warehouse solutions
- Skill/experience in the following tools:
- Extract, transform and load (ETC)
- Oracle PL/SQL, RDBMS, warehouse builder
- COGNOS Framework Manager
- Dimensional modeling
As an authorized and privileged user of Department of Defense information systems, must possess or receive information assurance awareness by completing Security+ certification as a condition of access within six months of employment, and must then undergo annual information assurance awareness training.
Eligible for progressive telecommuting as determined by MR/MF policy.